Sunday, November 30, 2008

Not Me! Sunday - woops Monday

I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and did not overeat or shop. I, as always, had pleanty of things that I did not do. Make sure you check out others on MckMama's. There are always some gems.

  • We did not take Monkey for pictures on Sunday and have three outfit changes. I am sure the photographer did not roll her eyes at us. We did not then go for Santa pictures because that would be way to much to expect from a 7 month old. We are not going back next weekend for different Santa pictures because I am very disappointed in them. (Monkey was fabulous the pictures were awful!)


  • I did not break down after Grace on Thanksgiving because I missed my mom. My MIL did not then accuse my Husband of doing something to make me cry. I did not put off calling my dad on Thursday because I knew it would make me cry. Today is not her birthday and I am not having a hard time again.


  • My Husband does not have an Advent Calendar to my Dr. visit for happy pills. My boss has not jumped on that band wagon. I have not been a little difficult and unreasonable at work, I just want to finish tasks before the holiday. (I am a project manager. I have just been doing my job a little forcefully maybe.)


  • I did not wake up - lol - oh wait - Monkey was awake - I did not go to Kohl's at 4:00am just to save a few dollars. I was not overwhelmed by the crowd. It did not occur to me that it seemed like a lifetime ago that I was coming home at 4am and I did not use that time to reflect on how much my life has changed since Delicate Flower.


  • Monkey did not discover how to pull him self up this weekend. He certainly did not discover it in baby jail and then try to climb the sides. He did not spend the entire weekend despondent that he can stand up, but is entirely unsure what to do next. I did not find him half asleep standing in his crib. My Husband and I did not have a conversation that involved some sort of padded room or cage for Monkey.


  • Monkey did not decide his new favorite toy were an old pair of Birkenstocks. And even if he had, I would certainly have never let him chew on them.



  • I am not doing my not mes on a Sunday. That would be silly. I can easily do them on Monday and I don't care where I land on the list because this is free therapy and not a competition. I do not think that MckMama would be a little disappointed in me for thinking that. I also do not look up to MckMama and often wonder if maybe she is the miracle sometimes. (Not to take away from Stellan at all...ok I am gushing about another mother that I don't even know, but I do know her story has helped me in my time of need, and at a time that I didn't even know I would need it.)


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great NMM's. Happy Holidays!

Suzanne said...

I so did not post Sunday pm waiting for MckMama! And wouldn't you know it, she did post around 12:30 am! My kids have never chewed stuff like shoes! (I have always said it builds up their immunity!)
Have a Happy Monday!
CountryMom (Suzanne)

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Love your "Not Me" posting! I'm so sorry that you're missing your Momma so much, but found it too funny that MIL blames hubby!!! Youngest was our surprise and what a blessing he is.

Proud Mommy said...

Glad I found your blog. Good luck today and with holidays with your mom being gone.

Khadra said...

Im so sorry you are having a rough time today :( (or was that yesterday since you wrote them early? Either way, Im sorry this is so hard for you. )

Im counting down to your happy pills too, not for the same reasons your husband and boss might, but because I want you to feel better.

And kids arent supposed to chew on shoes? LOL! I have no idea why they love to do that so much!

... said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I know how you feel, missing your Mom. It made 8 months for me last week, losing my Mom. My heart goes out to you. Blessings!

Erica said...

I do believe my husband's flip flops are one of my 10 month old's favorite shoes! My baby screams when I try and put him in his room with a gate, which opens right to our living area, I should have started earlier! Hope you have a blessed day!

Lorie said...

I, too, thought about how I use to stay out til all hours of the morning without it being a big deal....my how times have changed. It takes me a week to catch up on sleep if I do that now.

I'm sorry you're missing your mother....

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear that you are missing your Mom. I am sure that the holidays are difficult for you. Just know that I am thinking about you during the holidays!

EmilytheCreative said...

I did not love all your Not Me's! I did not get a kick out of Monkey being half asleep while standing.

OK, so maybe I did. :)

Keyona said...

I know missing your mom must be hard during the holidays. Keep you chin up.