Tuesday, November 11, 2008

At least dinner was yummy

Because today was crappity crap crap crap crap! Make sure you say that with the right inflection. I am grumpy and out of sorts and tired and just feel like all is not right in my head. It took all my energy to not burst into tears during a meeting today. A work meeting. An over the top uber important meeting that involved people like VP's. Seriously if someone had looked at me the wrong way I would have. It was bad enough I fumbled. I wont blame my boss. I will take ownership on not making better notes. I know I am slacking at work. I know I am teetering on a breakdown and I know I probably need to go see a Dr. about some happy pills. Soon. It's been a month since my mom and I am still mostly sad every day. And overwhelmed by her and thoughts of what she is missing. Overwhelmed by missing her. It is soooo hard. Just when I think it gets easier, I take a couple steps back. Normally on a day like today I would call her and whine a bit. She would comfort me and I would feel better. My husband tries and Monkey and Delicate Flower are a comfort but it's not quite the same. I do however have a yummy recipe for those days when you fell like crap!



Sausage and Sauerkraut (stolen from Nigella Lawson - I love her)
Heat oven to 400

1 bottle of Riesling (I know this sounds extravagant but you can find Riesling for cheap and it really does make a difference)

2lbs smoked sausage

3 Bay Leaves

1 Tsp peppercorns (the recipe calls for white but I used black)

A couple Tsp juniper berries (LOL not to be confused with cranberries - you can actually substitute capers. Juniper berries can be found where capers can be found (with olives)

1 package or 5 cups of sauerkraut drained

You can do this in your roasting pan or in a pot

Add all ingredients and bring to a boil


Place in roasting dish, cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes

Super yummy with my new favorite of baby gold potatoes. This is sure to be an "I've had a really bad day" regular.

What is your comfort dish?


2 comments:

Khadra said...

awww, Im sorry you had such a bad day. See the dr about those happy pills. You deserve to feel better. (I take happy pills too :) )

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

(((((((((((( BIG HUGS ))))))))))))))))))))