Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I kept meaning to post all week and just kept getting busy and that seems to be the story of my life, I just keep meaning too. While I was driving to work I was thinking what I wanted to post about and the fall weather reminded me the holidays are quickly coming upon us. I do love the holidays, but the holidays bring a certain amount of stress and I was also reminded that I have been a little on edge and grumpy as of late, and a little thankless. We bought Monkey an outfit the other day that says “I am thankful for Tiger and Pooh.” I thought to myself I have a lot to be thankful for, but I have been rather thankless as of late. So I have deemed Thursday to be Thankful Thursday. I must name at least five things that I am thankful for, and they can’t all be family and friends related.

1. I am thankful for the four lbs that I lost last week. I don’t care that it was a little too much and I would prefer to not find them this week.

2. I am thankful that my husband took the first shift and Monkey slept all the way until 3am! Granted he did wake up again at 5, but this means he can sleep for a long stretch and we just need to break him of the habit of eating every four hours.

3. I am thankful for the yummy mushrooms and spinach that I put in my omelet this morning. They made it so flavorful and satisfying.

4. I am thankful the weather is finally changing and I think the 100 degree days are behind us!

5. I am thankful for Monkey’s temperament. He honestly is the happiest baby and just thinking about his smiles makes me smile.

Ok – that wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be! What are you thankful for?

1 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

You do have a great kid and hubby, lots to be thankful for.

I am thankful we got that happy hour, now when is our next one?